We take pride in being a significant contributor to our community, and we give financially to nonprofits including charities, towns, and other community groups. We also contribute equipment and aggregate materials to charities for their use or to raffle for fundraising.
Perhaps most important, we volunteer our time and allow employees to volunteer their time during work hours to participate in affiliated groups and nonprofit organizations of their choice.
Our major giving is directed to:
Each year, we also sponsor the following charities:
- Susan Curtis Foundation, a summer camp for disadvantaged kids
- Pine Tree Council, Boy Scouts
- Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation, outdoor recreation programs for children and adults with physical disabilities
- Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals
- Windham Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Boys’ baseball teams in three towns; Girls’ softball teams in three towns
- Children’s Miracle Network
- ALS Association
- Gorham organizations including Gorham Founders Festival, Gorham Parks and Recreation, Gorham Football Boosters, Gorham Youth Soccer Association, Gorham Youth Lacrosse, Gorham Ice Hockey, Gorham Basketball, the Gorham Fire and Rescue, and a Gorham Middle School trip to Washington
In addition to annual sponsorships, we alleviate hardships and support causes that arise from local emergencies that need heavy equipment. We also donated to the Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina cleanup and Haiti earthquake recovery efforts.
In addition, we donate time, equipment and funds to support the Heavy Equipment Operator Program at Westbrook Regional Vocational Center.
We sponsor our employees’ memberships in construction groups and encourage them to take an active role in these groups. Currently, Jon Shaw is a director in the Associated General Contractors of Maine, Dan Shaw is a director at Camp Sunshine and Maine Aggregates, and have employees who are members in AGC of Maine, MBTA, CFMA, ABC, IMA, Gorham Business Exchange. We also have several employees who are local youth sports team coaches.