What Our Clients Say
- "The votes are in: 100% positive comments about the project. Some people were speechless—not just an ordinary project."Bill Swanton, Senior Electrical Engineer, National Semiconductor
- “Shaw Brothers Construction has the expertise and equipment to tackle any project and will complete it quickly, professionally, and with high quality.”LaRay Hamilton, Project Manager, Maine Department of Transportation
- “Shaw Brothers has been one of CMP’s “Go To” Contractors for many years. They are reliable, professional, and consistently demonstrate a customer-based focus. Dealing with the team at Shaw Brothers is a pleasure, and their work has always been exemplary.”Marc D. Geaumont, Portland Service Center Manager, Central Maine Power Co.
- "The fine work performed by Shaw Brothers Construction and the professionalism displayed by your company’s personnel is a model of how to work in a safe, cooperative, and coordinated manner."Richard Bellemare, Distribution Supervisor, Unitil / Northern Utilities
- “This is not the first time I have had to call you folks at home, late at night with emergency needs at the University. Each time, you have responded quickly with staff and resources.”David Early, Executive Director, Facilities Management Department, University of Southern Maine
- “On behalf of the town council and its citizens, we would like to indicate our sincere appreciation to Shaw Brothers Construction on completing a very difficult road reconstruction project in the town of Kittery on Route One.”Jonathan Carter, Town of Kittery
- "I’ve found encouragement and a realization that there truly are good people doing good things for the good of all. Thank you, Shaw Brothers!"Tish Dray, Lancaster, MA
- “A number of challenges could have slowed the project but for your team's ‘can do’ attitude, professionalism, and problem-solving skills. Extreme dedication, long hours, and teamwork achieved the goal of completing this project safely, efficiently, on time, and within budget. You should be very proud of bringing natural gas to Augusta. We look forward to working with your qualified and proficient company on future projects.”Scott Kelly, President, Enterprise Trenchless Technologies, Inc.
- “Shaw Brothers played a key role in helping us reach this milestone, and so on behalf of Central Maine Power and all of the members of the MPRP project team, I want to thank you, your employees and subcontractors personally for your contribution to this achievement.”Doug Herling, Vice President — Maine Power Reliability Program, Central Maine Power Co.
- "Shaw Brothers Construction has served our company well. Your work has always been professional and very competitively priced. You are always on our ‘short list,’ and I’d recommend you without qualification."Paul Ureneck, Vice President, CBRE / The Boulos Company
- “Shaw Brothers’ staff, workforce, and equipment are second to none. Our relationship over the years was built on trust and respect, things we must earn every day. While we may not have always agreed, we understood each other's positions and were willing to negotiate to resolve any issues. Shaw Brothers has been one of my mentors, colleagues, associates, and friends. It has been my pleasure to work with all of you.”Frank Meader, Portland Water District
- “We at ecomaine are pleased with the results of your hard work and appreciative of your team's dedication to complete the project to our satisfaction.”Winfield Stratton, Procurement/Project Manager, Ecomaine
Our Rich History
Building Success Since 1977
Shaw Brothers began with two brothers, two employees, one backhoe and a handshake—and it began with the same principles that it lives by today: work hard, satisfy the customer, and respect the people you work with. Since then Shaw Brothers Construction has grown into one of Southern Maine’s largest earthwork contractors, with more than 200 employees and hundreds of pieces of equipment. Having completed thousands commercial projects ranging from $5 thousand to $15 million and spanning a roughly 100-mile radius around Portland, Maine, Jon and Dan continue to schedule and direct day-to-day operations.
A Solid Foundation for Steady Growth
Shaw Brothers Construction, Inc. is Southern Maine’s premier contractor for site development, heavy/highway, and utility projects. With a significant bonding capacity, its work spans the transportation sector, local municipal infrastructure, underground utility work, and commercial site development, and it provides the region with quality aggregate resources from more than a dozen permitted gravel pits and quarries. Shaw Brothers’ success is a direct result of its hard working and experienced personnel, its vast fleet of late-model equipment, and its abundant aggregate resources.